As you know, Instagram is a social networking platform that allows users to share and edit photos and videos for free. Users can snap photos using the app and apply cool filters to them before publishing them on their accounts or sharing them on other social media platforms.
Instagram was first launched by a California start-up back in October of 2010 and had 25k users by the end of 2010. Fast forward to where we are today, and you’ll see that many things have changed for Instagram. It’s now owned by the social media giant Facebook, and as of 2020, it’s user base has grown to over 1 billion monthly active users making it the world’s largest photo-sharing website.
Enough with the history lesson. What is this article about?
As its obvious, you are here to know how to download Instagram photos and you want a free and easy method to do so. So lets start with it without wasting anymore time.
With all the videos and pictures being posted on Instagram daily, I’m sure you’ve come across something that you’ve wanted to save to look at later. Maybe it’s an inspirational image or some hilarious photo that you can’t find anywhere else. Whatever it is, don’t be alarmed, we have you covered. If you follow the steps in this article, you’ll be able to save any Instagram photo or video. Read on.
Tip: If you’re looking to save Instagram stories check out the StoryDownloader, a website with an easy to use interface designed for saving Instagram stories.
How to save pictures from Instagram on a computer
Instagram is a great app how-ever, it’s downfall is that there’s no way to download photos directly from within the app. You either need to install third-party software or use an Instagram downloader that designed specifically for the task of saving content off Instagram. In this article, I’m going to show you two ways to save any media off Instagram, and both options require nothing but a web browser.
– To get started, log in to your Instagram account in Google Chrome or any other web browser. This step is really only required if you want images from profiles that are private.
– The next step is to find the image that you want to download.
– Once you’ve found the image, right-click on the page and select “view page source”. Alternatively, you can add the text “view-source:” in front of the URL in the browser.
– Now that the page source is visible hit “CTRL” + “F” on your keyboard to bring up the search tool and type in “og:image” in the search box.
– This search will match one thing on the page, which contains a direct link URL to a high-quality version of the image you want to download. Just copy the URL into your browser. Once it’s open in your browser, you can right-click on the image and select “save image as” and choose the place where you want it to be saved.
Tip: Make sure to check out our detailed article on downloading YouTube videos as M4’s.
How to download images from Instagram on your phone
The method mentioned above works well if you’re on a computer, but what if you’re on your mobile phone? Yes, you can install some apps from the app store to download Instagram images, but I for one, am against installing third-party apps. Instead, we will use a web-based Instagram downloader that specially designed for saving Instagram photos and videos in just a few steps.
– Start by finding the Instagram photo that you want to download and copy the link to the post.
– Head over to Instaoffline, a web-based Instagram downloader app, and paste the link into the box on the homepage and click the download button.
– The page will refresh, and a green download button will appear. Just click the green button to save the image to your device.
Are you still unsure of how to save pictures off Instagram?
I think after reading our guide, you won’t have any issues. So the next time when you find an Instagram picture and want to store it on your device, follow the steps outline here, and you’ll be good to go. No software installation, or browser extensions required, your web browser is all you need, and you’ll be able to download Instagram images.