Simple Landscaping Ideas To Make Your Home Yard Look Great
Spring is the right season to think about the appeal and functionality of your home yard. If you want to add a fresh look to your landscape, but have little experience in landscape maintenance, start with easy steps. First, consider planting low-maintenance lawns – green and well-cared lawn improve the look of your outdoor space. With online detailed guides, you can easily care for your lawn with any assistance. But, in case you’re too busy or don’t have any experience in lawn maintaining, it’s better to address this task to lawn experts. Another basic step to make your yard more comfortable and livable is the development of livable spaces, like cooking and entertaining areas.
Lawn Care Ideas that Require Minimum Cost and Effort
- Reducing the amount of lawn area makes the maintenance easier and cheaper as well as free the place for sideways, cooking, or entertaining areas.
- Grow low-maintenance plants and shrubs that look attractive most time of the year, such as canna lily, coneflower, perennial geranium, lilac, witch hazel, hardy hibiscus, etc.
- Installing sod is appropriate in the middle or the end of April, depending on when the winter finishes in your region. Basically, it’s possible to install sod during the whole season with the condition that grass receives enough water.
- Rocks and mulch used as edging are the most popular and win-win landscaping materials that we advise you to try. They help to create a neat backyard environment and separate different zones. Consider using hardscaping details, like stones, gravel, slate tiles, and other materials. If we talk about mulch, it’s better to choose organic one: it keeps the ground cool and lets the roots breathe.
- If you or somebody of your family tend to always trek across the lawn, think about creating a pavement of concrete stones in place of these footprints.
- If you love how lavender looks like, you can make lavender borders in your backyard. This will help separate space and add a flavor of elegance.
The Best Ideas to Improve Your Backyard
- If you haven’t done it already, follow the world trend and make your backyard a livable place where you can spend more time in the warm season.
- Add some lights. Use lights not only as a part of your exterior design. Install functional lighting to illuminate the most popular backyard areas and distinguish particular areas.
- If you love picnics and eating outside, think about having an outdoor kitchen attributes including a grill or a brick oven – anything you find helpful in cooking.
- Cozy and good-looking furniture will add comfort and charm to your backyard. There can be couches, lounge chairs, swings, etc.
- Think about getting a fire pit, there are a lot of cheap ones around $100. You can also order a customized fire pit to fit your needs.
- Incorporate multi-use things, for instance, if you have children, order benches with storage place for toys and sports items.
- In case you have an outdoor shower, use flowers (for instance, hydrangeas) to create a more private atmosphere.
Creative Ideas to Make Your Front Yard More Eye-Catching and Stylish
- In order to make your house stand out from others, a few details can be enough. Before adding any changes to your front yard landscape, think about the concept, search for inspirations on Pinterest or other topic-related websites and blogs.
- One of the simplest tips to transform your front yard is by painting a front door. You can simply paint it into attractive bright color (red, blue, yellow) that pop up against the background. A second popular idea is to play with a vintage style that will create a distinct mood of your front yard. You can also make a great play with a vintage style when choosing furniture for the backyard.
- Renovate a mailbox by spray-painting or choosing the one with the unusual design. What is good, it usually doesn’t cost much. A mailbox can be set separately or built in a stone column
- Lighting can greatly improve the exterior of your house and overall front yard appeal. There are a lot of options according to your means. The lighting system can be set around the porch, if any, which usually looks great. Pointed solar lights are used to highlight small objects, like flower beds, or sidewalks.
- Think about installing some shutters or trim to your door and windows. Thus, you will have more possibilities to play with different forms and colors.
- Putting some flower boxes on the windows is also a good idea. Begonias, zinnias, geraniums, petunias are some options for the main theme. You can also add jew, ivy, heater, or vinca – they will create a nice cascade.
- Another idea to make your front door stand out is flanking it with some potted plants, like simple and cheap impatiens.
- As for the house washing, it’s better to address this issue to professionals that will use a high-pressure stream to wash your house. This especially relates to wood clapboards. Brick and vinyl siding is easier to wash by yourself.